An Experts Advice on How to Lose Stomach Fat Fast
One of the biggest questions that most personal trainers get asked is, how to lose stomach fat fast? I’ve tried several things but nothing has worked. When I ask what you tried I hear 100 daily sit-ups or I’m cutting my calories drastically then there is excess cardio, fat burners and the list goes on.
Here is a simple list of things you can do to achieve your goal. The more of this list that you can do the better the result.
1. Stop Doing Crunches. Spot reduction is a myth. You’re wasting time & effort doing daily crunches. This alone can help abdominal strength but needs to be supported by diet and other exercise.
2. Get Stronger. Strength training builds muscle mass, prevents muscle loss and helps fat loss. The Squat & Deadlift work best to build strength.
3. Eat Healthy. You can train hard & build muscular abs, but if you eat junk food all day, you won’t lose your belly fat. Stop eating processed food. Eat whole, unprocessed foods.
4. Limit Alcohol Consumption. To lose your belly fat, what you drink is as important as what you eat. Alcohol from time to time is OK. But forget about losing your belly fat if you drink beer & sweet alcohols daily.
Beer drinkers generally have a peer shape: belly fat & man boobs – especially as they get older. Alcohol also stresses your liver which has to overwork to clear the toxins. The best thing to do if you do get caught out is drink water, plenty of water!
5. Eat less refined Carbohydrates (Wheat and wheat products, rice, sugar etc.). You need carbohydrates for energy. Problem is that most people eat more refined carbohydrates than they need. Your body will stock the carbs it doesn’t need as fat. And this is often how you get belly fat. So Which Carbs can you eat? Fruit and wholegrain bread, rice, pasta all foods that are closer to their natural state are healthier as a rule of thumb.
6. Eat Frequently. Eating tons of healthy foods won’t make you fat. Especially not if you exercise 2-3x per week. Starving yourself is the number 1 nutritional mistakes. Healthy nutrition is important for these reasons:
Energy. Food is energy. Your body uses food for weight lifting, working, digestion, etc. Lack of food means lack of energy, in all areas of life.
Fat Loss. Eating the right foods helps fat loss: Once again unprocessed fresh whole foods are a great choice.
Maintain Muscle. If you starve yourself, your body will burn muscle for energy – NOT fat. You’ll become skinny + fat.
7. Eat More Good Fat and less bad fat. Fish oil is the best source of fat to lose your belly fat. Fish oil naturally increases testosterone levels and increases fat loss. 6g omega-3 per day is a good start. Check Carlson Fish Oil: 1600mg omega-3 per tbsp. However moderation is key here too. So be wary and only eat ½ an avocado or the eqiuvelant in your sandwich or salad. That should be enough for your daily intake.
Try to stay away from trans-fatty fats present in products like margarine. Trans-fatty fats are bad for your health. Eat whole unprocessed foods 90% of the time as I recommend in point 3 and you’ll avoid trans-fatty fats easily.
8. Lower Your Body Fat. As a man, your belly is the last place where you’ll get rid of fat. If you have man boobs and a double chin, you’ll have to lower your body fat to lose your belly fat.
9. Discipline, if you apply all of these methods you will over time you will find the secret on how to lose belly fat fast.
Check out our results page and be inspired!
To find out more on how to lose stomach fat fast contact us and book in an appointment today!